CPI Group UK and Gardners form a strategic partnership to distribute Print on Demand books globally via virtual wholesale.
This strategic partnership between CPI and Gardners combines the power of print on demand with the global reach of a leading wholesaler. It means Gardners can now order books from participating publishers quickly and easily direct from CPI, via either digital on-demand or short-run printing.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
- Publishers’ can load titles into the programme with CPI, creating a catalogue of ISBNs available to order via Gardners wholesale
- Gardners then order these titles from CPI either via PoD, alternatively the publisher can choose to have ultra short run inventory stocked in Gardners for immediate next day delivery
- Feeds are already operational for numerous publishers, set up for new publishers would only take 72hrs
- Once printed CPI deliver the books back to Gardners (paperback and hardback titles) within 24 - 48hrs.
- This gives our customers a global reach to thousands of global bookshops and on-line retailers. Currently Gardners trade with over 1000 internet traders and 15,000 retailers, library & school suppliers and non traditional outlets throughout the UK and ROW selling over 150,000 unique titles a week from a range of over 450,000 in stock titles
What if I already have a direct relationship with Gardners?
This will not affect your existing relationship with Gardners. It provides Gardners with an alternative supplier and will enhance the availability for your POD titles via Gardners.
What print pricing will apply under this CPI Gardners wholesale model?
Your existing manufacturing pricing with CPI will apply under this model.
Which Customers/Channels do Gardners serve?
UK, Europe, USA, ROW. Covering sellers of books across 15,000+ accounts including:
Internet, independent retailers, chain retailers, libraries, schools, non traditional, supermarkets, marketplace traders, and off the page newspapers
Are there any additional fees to make my POD titles available via the CPI Gardners model?
No additional fees would apply (other than print charges)
What if the CPI print charges are more than the monies paid to me for the sale?
CPI can provide publishers with a report showing print charges for each live title in order to calculate monies paid per title under this model.
Where Gardners sell to a channel in the US or EU, do publishers need to provide a USD or Euro price?
No, publishers only need to provide GBP pricing via Nielsen to enable titles to be made available through Gardners to their global channel